Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weather

As anyone who has ever lived in VA (and many other places, I'm sure) can tell you, the weather around here is pretty inconsistent. I've lived here a long time, and I'm used to it. The weathermen around here probably get paid more than the news anchors. Regular TV is repeatedly interrupted just to update you on "the storm's" latest progress; could be rain, snow, nor'easter or hurricane. They all get tons of news time. While on the one hand I'm grateful to these weathermen for helping me figure out what the kids should be wearing, because it might literally be sweaters, hats, coats and gloves today, but t-shirts tomorrow; on the other hand, I wish I heard a lot less about the weather. That being said, here's some of what we've been experiencing around here.


My children actually asked, repeatedly, to be allowed to rake leaves.

Cakes wanted a picture of her leaf throwing.

 Cakes and Silly devised this "zip your jacket over your head" method so they could bury themselves in the leaves without getting dirt in their eyes.

Bubba discovered the joys of throwing leave at our neighbor.


Can you see the other kid?
  


Bubbs mostly liked sitting in the pile.

 Scott spent a whole morning bagging up leaves, but even then we still had quite a pile under this one tree. It's still there, only now it's covered with snow.

Scott took Cakes and Silly to the city parade last Saturday. I stayed home with Bubbs who wasn't feeling too great. He called me at about 8 to tell me it was snowing at the parade. The kids thought it was fake at first, blowing off one of the floats or something, but in the morning we had a little bit of snow to play in.



Cakes and Silly attempted some snow angels in this little dusting of snow last Sunday.

Bubba checked it out on our way out the door to church.



Then we got a little more snow Monday, enough to make snowballs, so now there are a few in the freezer.


Bubbs wouldn't wear his gloves, but he did like taking the snowballs I made and smashing them on the sidewalk.



Even Scott went out for a little while, without a coat, in short sleeves, as usual.
 And tonight, assuming it doesn't rain, we'll be heading to the Triple R Ranch for some more freezing fun. All of the coats, hats and gloves are in the dryer right now; they were pretty filthy from all their outside fun so far, and I'm sure they'll be dirty again after tonight, but I don't mind dirt that comes from having fun.

1 comment:

  1. The one of Aubs throwing leaves actually looks like fire. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete