Thursday, June 5, 2014

Now for the Magic

We stuck to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland for our first day. Our plan of attack was to head straight to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which we did, but they were experiencing some technical difficulties and told everyone it might be hours before it finally opened. So we went next door to Dumbo The Flying Elephant first (Bubba now loves Dumbo) then the Barnstormer. That was a fun little roller coaster and we met a cute family there that had an odd number of people too so the dad talked to us, introduced himself, and asked if his daughter could ride with our daughter. It worked out just right.

By the time we got through that the Mine Train was open again. Here's where I should say that the Touring Plans app and membership we bought was completely, absolutely worth it. I think we only paid about $12 for the plan; it saved us so much time and was always more accurate than the wait times posted by the parks. This was most clear at this particular ride. We knew we'd have a long wait, and when we got in line there was a cast member there who kept telling everyone the wait time from that point was 80-90 minutes. Touring Plans said 45, so we stuck it out, and their estimate was right on target. Later in the day the wait was much longer, so we definitely made the right choice. We used that app far more that Disney's. Anyway; even the wait was pretty fun, there are things to see and do along the way, and the ride was super fun! I've always loved the Seven Dwarfs and this was definitely a favorite ride.

Thankfully, none of my kids were even remotely interested in meeting any characters and don't give a hoot about princesses, so we were able to avoid all of that time consuming nonsense. (I was also grateful many, many times that we decided to wait until our kids were out of the baby and toddler phases. My heart went out to all those poor moms and dads pushing strollers and carrying babies around in that heat!) Winnie the Pooh was across the way so we got in line for that. Again, lots to do so the kids didn't really even notice they were waiting.

Hanging out in Pooh's house
Sad little Eeyore
Working in Rabbit's garden

We just about suffocated at Tomorrowland Speedway. You're standing on hot asphalt the whole wait, then driving on hot asphalt and there's no shade anywhere, just nothing but really hot! The kids had fun driving though. Cakes was old enough to drive herself, so I helped Bubba and Scott helped Silly. They had a really good time in spite of the temps.

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor was extremely funny, Buzz Lightyear was fun, Stitch's Great Escape was  lame. Space Mountain was totally awesome - I didn't feel sick at all, but I did scream my head off the whole time. I always feel like my head is going to hit something on that ride. I rode it at about 8 years old with my mom, oldest sister and younger sister. I screamed my head off then too; my younger sister was so scared she never even made a peep (at least that was our theory). The kids absolutely loved it.

We ate a tasty lunch at Cosmic Rays, then rode Peter Pan's Flight, which was fun and it's a small world, which hasn't changed at all. And of course I sang along for most of the ride, which my children didn't appreciate much.

It was only 1 or 2 o'clock by then so we waited in line for The Haunted Mansion, which was pretty outdated and not at all scary (this from a girl who's pretty easy to scare). After that we did a little shopping; Cakes got a Winnie the Pooh and Bubba got a Baby Dumbo.

Proof they were there
Proof I was there

No comments:

Post a Comment