Sunday, April 3, 2011

March Wrap-up

There was a sci-fi convention at a local library last weekend so we went to check it out just for the fun of it, only it wasn't very fun and not because I'm not much of a sci-fi person, but because it was lame. Even Scott thought so.

This was about as exciting as it got:

R2D2 was pretty much the only thing that anyone stopped to look at. He talked R2-talk.


See, she looks like she's having fun, right? (Notice the black)
Then we went to the nearest mall to get the kids some good sandals. Why is it necessary to buy sandals so far in advance of summer? Does anyone else have this issue? If I wait until it's actually hot around here, I can't find anything.
We went out to dinner Tuesday night having no idea it was "kid's night" there. This guy was making so very fascinating balloon creations of things we'd never seen before, like sharks and orkas. Cakes said she wanted a monkey holding a flower; he told her his monkey climbs palm trees and she was fine with that. Silly just wanted a sword, but his swords come with shields, so he got both. Bubba didn't have a preference, so he got a bear riding a motorcycle.



All Bubba wanted was Silly's sword once we got home, which led to lots of wailing. One of us should have thought of that during the balloon-making. We've noticed that if Cakes has something Bubba couldn't care less. If Silly has something, Bubba wants it.

We've been dealing with some sickness around here. Bubba had his regular 2yo checkup several weeks ago and the dr saw that his left ear was infected, so 10 days of the pink stuff. That crossed over the ward reunion, so we took he medicine with us, but then left it at the in-laws, so I had to bother Dr. L on a Sunday afternoon to call in a new Rx for us, which he did.

Last Friday he was scheduled for a recheck and woke up with a fever and threw up a couple times. Get to the dr and now his right ear is infected. I've never made it to round 2 before, but apparently that means the kid gets to take the really nasty medicine. And it is nasty. I think most of it came right back out the first few times. The doctor said to mix it with something, but I don't know what in the world he thinks I could mix that stuff with that any kid would gobble up. After maybe 3 doses, Bubba would cover his mouth and cry when he saw the medicine, but then take it anyway. Now he wants to give it to himself. I give hims something to drink right after he takes it because I know he needs to get that nasty taste out of his mouth. On top of all that he is finally cutting his canines. Poor kid.

And finally, this is what I come home to if I'm ever out past bedtime:



Scott usually puts him in bed, or I put him in bed before I leave, but as soon as I'm gone he comes out and sets up his pillow and blankets on the floor next to Daddy where he eventually passes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment