Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Break

The fun started with an Easter party at Silly's preschool. I was smart enough to send in some eggs for Bubba to so he wouldn't have a fit watching everyone else, or steal from his brother. They were supposed to find the eggs with their name on it. They all had to search pretty hard for at least one of their twelve.



 














Friday afternoon was the official reopening of Fun Forest, our local playground. A section of it was burned down by arsonists a year ago. Scott and I participated in a meeting with the city to let them know what we'd like to see and all of us completed a fundraiser walk over the summer. It was cool for the kids to see what they "helped" build. The mayor, most of the city council and school board and our state representative were there for the festivities. It has that new, awesome, playground surface and it was pretty funny to watch all the dignitaries step onto it and react to the unexpected squishiness. The mayor was jumping up and down on it.


The green hat and red hat just about in the middle belong to Silly and Cakes. As people kept talking the kids kept getting closer and closer to the ribbon.

Bubba was funny on the slide. He likes to sit a minute at the top and he doesn't like it other kids start getting too close. The closer they get, the longer he waits.

I think this "boat" was the coolest part. Cakes and Silly sure spent a lot of time on it.

And Bubba really liked this little porthole at the bottom of the boat. He was sticking his head out saying hello, bringing me imaginary food and taking my imaginary money.
Silly's favorite part? The parking lot on the way out -

He wanted his picture with the truck, but the truck's engine was running and he was afraid of getting run over.
Then Saturday morning my in-laws came and stole the kids away for a few days. Scott and I spent all day Saturday house hunting. Have I mentioned that we're just about over it? Well, we are. Sunday we actually drove to and from church together. I couldn't even tell you the last time that happened. My husband is one of those perpetual ward financial clerks. Monday it was back to regular life for Scott, so while he was at work I got to work myself and tackled this:


You know your toys have been this messy before. All that stuff on the bed is the stuff I'd already picked up off the floor.
I don't even know how many hours I spent up there, but it was a lot. I also cleaned out the closets while they were gone. I really know how to live it up without kids, right?

The "office" side of the room
And, tada! It is finally clean. It has lasted longer than I expected.

 

 















It is way past time to put Bubba to bed so I'll finish up Spring Break another time. But speaking of putting him to bed, a few nights ago he rejected me for the first time ever. I always put him to bed at night. Just recently he started to care if I sing him a song or give him (and his baby doll) a hug and kiss. And rarely he asks for a hug from Daddy too, but the other day he didn't even want me to sing to him, he wanted Daddy to do everything. :-(

2 comments:

  1. I used to play at Fun Forest when I was in High School. ;) That new part looks awesome! Great job on the playroom clean up too. I bet that feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing kids like more than a clean room to - DESTROY! lol It sure looks great for a little while. But, there is nothing better than a home filled with toys, laughter and children.

    ReplyDelete