Monday, October 24, 2011

Fleet Week

Scott took the boys to the local Fleet Week a few weekends ago. He gave Silly control of the camera for most of the day so we have lots and lots of pictures, most of them are actually good too.




Silly didn't want anything to do with the fake weapons they could touch.


On the Eisenhower's flight deck

 Silly thought it was pretty awesome that the engines are removed from the jets, so no one ca steal them.


Bubbs walking on the launching catapult (or something like that)
And now, brace yourself for the cutest brother picture you have ever seen...








Don't you wish you were here to smooch all of those cheeks? (sidenote - Silly's camouflage is killing me)
And if that didn't brighten your day, prepare to laugh hysterically. Don't eat or drink anything while you read this...

Silly was pretending to shoot this gun, which is real. A sailor who was nearby suggested that he point it down and shoot at the water. Silly told him no, he didn't want to shoot the water, he was shooting at airplanes. He goes back to his shooting and says,













"Take that you Japs!"








Scott was mortified, but everyone who heard him was laughing. Where would he hear such a thing!?! Let alone actually say that out loud with an audience!?! No more History Channel watching at our house I guess.

Scott told that story to some friends at dinner last Sunday (he hadn't told me before then either). We were all laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. And my friend told me that her husband has laughed over it a few times since then.

Oh that kid just kills me. You should all have a chance to live with him for a week or so to fully appreciate what it's like to listen to him all day.

 

Checking out the hospital and choosing bunks. I don't know if these bunks are as bad as the ones on submarines. On subs you can't even turn over in bed because there isn't enough space for your shoulders


In a helicopter, I think

Philip thought that was some kind of microphone. It is not. Don't make me elaborate.

Bubba's turn to shoot


Trying on some gear (Scott said this vest probably weighed as much as Silly)



 I really should have Scott add his comments to this post, since I wasn't there and I don't know all the details of every piece of equipment like he does. Oh well. You'll have to live with my version.


No comments:

Post a Comment