Saturday, December 3, 2011

Techincally, this is still Fall...

This is really sad, but one reason I am looking forward to winter and some freezing temperatures is so I don't have to see slugs on my front and back steps anymore. Anyone else have this problem? Why do slugs like my steps? Blech. How do I make them go away, other than hoping for weather too cold for them to venture out from whatever little cracks they hide in?

I just now copied all of my pictures from November onto my backup hard drive, or rather I tried to, because I was down to just four more little videos and I was informed that I am now out of space. Bummer.

And now, even though I am 95% done with the Christmas shopping, I must backtrack to Halloween and such.

Silly (I was thinking as I put him to bed last night that I should perhaps change his nickname to Dimples...) had a few more stellar soccer games. 






He's so awesome. While I'm talking about him I should share the hilarious things he's said recently.

October 28th - As I'm putting him to bed he tells me, "The night is like a magical thing; it splits the day and when you wake up, it's a new day. It's like a dream.

November 10th - He coached Bubba through the whole alphabet, "Bubba, say 'A'" all the way through Z. He skipped a few letters here and there and he had to stop and say the alphabet to himself real quick every now and then to remember what came next. It was adorable.

November 30th - "I know why I only speak one language - I was born in America!"

December 1st - He asked me who is in charge of the whole world; I told him, politically speaking, no one is (there'd just been something on TV about Pres. Obama). He answered, "Jesus is in charge of the whole world!" I explained that we believe that, and so do lots of other people, but not everyone. He immediately asks, "Well then who do they think made all the trees?"

Anywho...


 
We stopped by our local nursery for some pumpkins. The boys were determined to carry their own pumpkins. Bubba lasted about 10 feet.

We went to our ward Trunk or Treat; which was great (possibly because I had nothing to do with it!) where we finally convinced Bubba that he should wear a costume so he could get some candy. I had a backup plan should he refuse. He has a ghostbusters shirt that I was going to put on him so he would at least be Halloween-ish. He finally gave in to the pterodactyl.




Cakes and all her cute friends, plus the boys

















Bubba dumped shredded cheese all over the kitchen, but he did his best to clean it up, with some help from Charlie...




We sent an "army guy," a pterodactyl and a pirate girl out Trick or Treating. They quit surprisingly early.
 Bubba woke up like this the next morning...



from what I later determined to have been a peanut butter cup. It was smooshed all over his bed, even his wall. Still not sure how he managed that in his sleep.

We had fun at Mamie's Second Annual Fall Fest. This year they provided a raincoat for bobbing with apples. One child did end up soaking wet, but it wasn't one of mine.


 
































There was a big leaf pile to jump in and Mamie put together a leaf scavenger hunt. She traced and copied all the different leaf varieties from her yard and all the kids had to hunt for the matching leaves. It was pretty fun. Mamie also made lots of donuts, we roasted hot dogs in their lovely fire pit area. Dad was showing Scott all the yard work he'd done all summer. He was one busy man, but that's nothing new for him. If he's not working at work, he's working in the yard.

And then Scott and I got on a plane headed for Hawaii...

No comments:

Post a Comment