Friday, July 30, 2010

Storm Chasers

We had a pretty major thunderstorm last night, it held off long enough for the kids to get through 2/3 of their swim lesson and what a swim lesson it was! Silly did a real back float all by himself and held it for at least 10 seconds. Cakes did her first real jump dives! Mr. Tyler, her teacher, was very proud of her. She was way at the other end of the pool and I couldn't quite tell if she was about to cry or just adjusting her goggles a lot. After class she wasn't feeling too hot, I think the fear of what she'd done finally hit her. Too bad I brought my camera Tuesday instead of Thursday!

This was last week at their outdoor, morning lessons.


She couldn't practice dives last session because we were outside, which is shallow. She made up for it yesterday! She said she'd tried it one more time since Scott missed it.

After swim lessons we came home for dinner then went cruising around some nearby neighborhoods in the storm. Cakes asked me what makes thunder and lightning, Silly answered, "Jesus!" Guess I'll have to tell his Sunbeam teacher about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment