Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Temple!


I had been to Nauvoo a few times before, but not since the temple was rebuilt so I was really excited to see the real thing, not the scale model in the middle of an otherwise empty site. We took some large group shots at the temple, and as soon as my dad sends posts or emails them I'll share. A small group; my parents, aunts, uncles, sister, her husband and a few cousins with their spouses, were able to go into the temple. It was awesome. I told Scott that was on the list of things I wanted to do. He thought I meant just on our trip, but I meant my "things I want to do sometime in my life" list. (Am I too young for a bucket list?)

Apparently the temple had some impact on Cakes, because this is what she drew during church:

She drew this one, then decided she wanted to give one to Papop, so she drew another one. She showed it to everyone at our family talent show that night. I think it's pretty cool!

After church we stopped by the temple again for some individual family pictures. Be warned if you ever go there: it seems to always be painfully sunny in front of this temple, at least it was during our visit.


And I guess Scott must've really like the temple too, because he wandered off on his own one night and took some really nice pictures like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment