Monday, October 11, 2010

Matching

This picture scares me a bit. Who is that big kid? I inadvertently bought her some "skinny jeans" last week and she was thrilled. I had no idea they were skinny. I didn't know to check for that. I'm only in the habit of checking to make sure the zipper is longer than 2". Gummy bought her this dress that came with a matching outfit for her doll. She loves her doll, and I'm so glad. She dressed the doll after church and wanted a picture to show Gummy.

So far she really likes her piano lessons. Most of the time she even practices without a whole lot of fuss. She really likes it when one of her songs has a duet part for the teacher, because then I can play with her. For now they are within my skill range, but I'm sure it won't last, at least not without me sneaking in some practices of my own while she's at school.

Another sign she's growing up - she practices her part for the Primary Sacrament Meeting presentation without all the panic and fear of the previous three years. I think part of it is the need to show-up her little brother. He'll be in it for the first time and I'm pretty sure he'll just march right up to the microphone and say his one little line without giving it a second thought. A big sister can't have that, now can she?

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big she is... and beautiful, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her curled toes... and her mom's smile =D
    She is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I hardly recognized her! She is a beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously...she is not allowed to grow up! I cant believe that it has been nearly 3.5yrs since I came out to VA...she still had baby fat then. Don't get me wrong, she is still adorable but...she looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those very same thoughts. I looked at my little family during church last week and wondered how I got old enough to have three kids.

    ReplyDelete