Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hot as a grill

Silly has been complaining about being hot recently; which is a new problem for him. He's usually the kid that's cold, being the skinny type that he is. I think it's thanks to his new love of hooded sweatshirts, and the fact that sometimes he keeps the hood on all day long, even at school.

He has also figured out that when he tells me he's thirsty my response will be, "Where's your water bottle?" He used to always say he didn't know, but now he's prepared and tells me where it is, and that it's empty.

This morning he brought his water bottle to me, asked me to fill it up, then sprawled across the piano bench to wait. Every thirty seconds or so he had something to say like, "you haven't filled my water bottle yet" or "you're never going to get me any water" and "I'm so thirsty." Have I mentioned he's also severely lacking in manners?

Finally, after a whole 3 minutes of waiting near death from dehydration he yells at me, "I'm getting hot as a grill and you're not getting me any water!" After making sure I'd heard him correctly, I filled his water bottle.

And speaking of being hot, as in cheeks burning out of total embarrassment - my fellow Joy School mothers reminded me this morning that Joy School starts at 8:00, not 8:30, like I've been doing since we started back after Christmas break, and like I told the new mom who joined our group. Things like that make me wonder what happened to my brain. And I find myself thinking, once again, that it's not like me to do such a thing, which gets me thinking that if I'm doing so many things that aren't "me" maybe it's time I rethink just who I am and what it is I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment