Friday, March 18, 2011

Playtime

The boys had a lengthy wrestle-fest a few nights ago. Cakes would usually be in on the action too, but she was taking a shower. Bubba likes to stand and balance on anyone who happens to be laying down.




Scott would sit up and Bubba would try to push him down saying "go seepy ni-night!" Silly was throwing pillows at Scott, then collecting them, making a pile and throwing them again.
We spent some time outside yesterday in the lovely weather. And I even managed to get Cakes in a picture!

See those legs to the right of the tree trunk? That's her.
 Scott and I have differeing opinions on tree climbing. He's against it; he doesn't want any broken bones. I'm all for it; I did plenty of tree climbing when I was kid. Both our boys have broken an arm already, but neither break had anything to do with trees. And that magnolia is such a good climbing tree, who can resist?

A real picture of Cakes. You can see some rainbow stripes up in the tree. That's one of Cakes's friends. She was banished for a while because she's mean to the boys. I stayed nearby or kept them separated.

This picture makes me laugh. He looks like he's about to blast off or something. He wants his helmet on so he can ride his trike. He only ever rides it for a few minutes but then he keeps the helmet on for an hour.
Things have been better with Cakes this last week. We had a "Daddy and I are worried about you" talk last weekend. Scott and I talked and decided to go ahead and let her sleep in the upstairs room by herself. Silly keeps her awake many nights, so maybe lack of sleep was an issue. She's been up there all week and has been unusually cheerful. Although, I see evidence that she plays up there quite a bit; one night all her American Girl stuff was out, this morning I saw coloring books (that haven't been touched in ages, if ever) and colored pencils. I scared her one night when I came up to tell her goodnight because I caught her playing. It's not like I didn't play in my room way past my bedtime.

I've been reading the Five Love Languages of Children like my sister recomended (I read the original 5 Love Languages several years ago). It has definitely given me some ideas. I think her love language is quality time because when she asks me for something, she's usually asking for me to do something with her. Now that she's upstairs all alone I'm going to go up there a few mights a week and read to just her for a little while. We'll see what develops.

Another sister sent me a booklet called Parenting the Nonviolent Communication Way (that's the book I forgot to look for the other day! I knew there was another book I wanted). I'll be tossing that in my bag of stuff to bring to my brother's house. I'm ditching my family in favor of his for the weekend to help my SIL and their new baby. I told them I'm their servant/consultant for the weekend, but let's be honest, I just want to get some baby time and make my faraway sisters jealous.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honesty - I'll try not to get too jealous!!
    Tell you what, take some pictures AND post them, and we'll call it even =D

    ReplyDelete