Monday, February 14, 2011

A Sometime Tradition

Growing up, we occasionally went shoe shopping for Valentine's Day. I think this is probably only true for the younger half of my family, and most likely my parents decided to take us all shoe shopping one Valentine's, and the following few years we just expected it. All but Bubba needed some new sneakers anyway, so Saturday we went shopping.

Silly has this foot issue. I don't know what the deal is, but his measured shoe size has changed only a very tiny bit in the last 1 1/2 years, yet that measured shoe size does not fit him in any way shape or form, he has to get shoes several sizes bigger. He picked these flashy ones:

I tried these Sketchers on and Scott told me they look just like the shoes I already have. I told him he was nuts (or something along those lines) and bought them anyhow. When we got home Silly put my new shoes in my closet for me. When I looked in my closet later that night I just laughed...


New shoes
New shoe next to old shoe.
OK, so there's not a ton of difference, but I've come a long way from refusing to wear any sneakers other than plain white Nikes.

But then, tonight before we gave the kids their little treats, I told everyone to go put their new shoes on. I hadn't even seen Scott's pick because he and Cakes hadn't had any luck at the first store so they kept shopping while I took some sleepy boys home. When he took his new ones out of the box I laughed and pointed out that his new shoes are just the update of his old shoes, which were the updated version of his old, old shoes, all of which are still in his closet.

New shoes
New shoes, old shoes and old, old shoes.
Seriously, these three pairs of shoes have made me laugh so many times tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment