Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I was in charge of the Valentine's Day party for Silly's preschool class. He has been asking every preschool day for at least two weeks if it's time for his party yet. Today was finally the day! My plan was to have everything ready when we left to drop him off at school, load up the car, drop him off, take Bubba to story time and then back across the road to Silly's school to set up for the party.

I did get everything ready in time, but Bubbs put a bit of a kink in my plans. The only food I brought (three other moms were my helpers) were heart shaped peanut butter sandwiches. I had everything ready in time to leave for school, but Bubbs took the car keys like he usually does and climbed in. I completely forgot that he always tries to put the keys in the ignition and that the peanut butter sandwiches were on the center console, thus I ended up with a plate of smashed sandwiches. Grrr!

So, change of plans, drop Silly off at school, swing by the library to drop off our books that are due, listen to Bubba wail as we drive away from the library because he wants a book, stop for gas because the warning light is on (which worked out just fine since I would have lost those few minutes waiting for the drawbridge opening anyway), back home to make a few more PB, PBJ and PBH sandwiches, then back to school to set up.

The party was pretty fun. The kids listened to a cute Valentine story (Love, Ruby Valentine) ate their little lunch, played a game and had lots of fun decorating their little mailboxes.

eating super cute cookies

getting the game started; apparently Bubba and Silly would rather pretend to eat than play

decorating time


evidence I exist; Silly took a few pictures while I was busy
 We had a good time. On the way home Silly asked me the same question he asks me every preschool day, "Is it piano day?" He knows piano day for Cakes means no nap time for him. Not today!

After dinner and after taking pictures of everyone's new shoes, I gave the kids their little treat boxes.


Bubbs opened just about every piece of candy, took one bite or licked it, then put it down


Silly's "pugs and kisses" card, it barks. I had to get it for him since he seems to be the only one who misses our pug.

Bubbs showing off his new shades, and his chocolate face.

 Then Scott gave me my present, picked out by him and Cakes.


He gave it to me in the shopping bag, and wrote a note inside. Typical.
This year he gave Audrey some flowers. Her response was, "Last year Mommy got flowers from Daddy, but this year I get them."

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment