Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bigger Bed

Scott put the kids to bed tonight while I was at my dance class. When I got home he told me this story.

Silly kept getting out of bed and telling Scott he needs a bigger bed. He and Cakes have been sharing a trundle bed since Bubba was born. Sometimes Silly fills his bed up with books and other non-cuddly things, so that's where I thought the story was headed. Scott was thinking maybe the trundle bed wasn't pulled out all the way. Anyway, Scott sends Silly back to bed, tells him there's nothing wrong with it, just go to sleep.

A few minutes later Silly is back, near meltdown status, hands on his head, saying he can't sleep, his bed isn't big enough, he needs a bigger bed. So Scott goes to investigate the problem. Turns out the problem was not the size of Silly's bed, but the fact that Bubba had snuck into and Silly's room and was trying to sleep in bed with him. Scott asked Silly why he hadn't mentioned that there was someone else in his bed, not just that it was too small. I guess his brain was too tired to figure that out, all he knew as there wasn't enough room. Scott got Bubbs back to his own bed so Silly could have more space and get some sleep.

Oh, and my friend picked Silly up this morning to take him to Joy School with her daughter so I could keep cleaning the house (we're trying to sell it, someone came at 11:30 today to see it). She told me her car was messy; Silly told her it looked like Gunny Bag threw up in her car! Gunny Bag is a Joy School creation; he's a bag that eats toys that are left out. He cries if there's nothing to eat, the kids love to make him cry and they clean up super fast if you say you hear Gunny Bag crying in the closet and you might let him out to look for toys.

1 comment: