Saturday, May 28, 2011

Field Day and Preschool Finale

Silly is officially done with preschool. How can that be? They had a little program Thursday night. The kids sang lots of songs. Scott got the whole thing on video. There was one little girl who knew every single word to everything and shouted it all out the whole time. It was pretty hilarious. Silly wasn't very excited about the whole thing. He was at least moving his mouth most of the time, but he wasn't interested in the hand motions for most things.

The one song that he was clearly really excited to sing was "I've Got the Best Father in the World." As soon as he heard the music start he looked right at Scott, sang every word and grinned the whole time. It was awesome.



Can you see him in the middle of all those tall girls?



Who is that big kid?
 Friday was his last day of school. They played outside almost the whole three hours. Wednesday his teacher sent home the last of his stuff. She'd given each kid a plastic bag and apparently called them "goody bags" he was pretty bummed when he got home. He took everything out and said "This isn't a goody bag, it's just paper!" I think he was expecting candy.

Cakes had Field Day Friday morning. I had to drop Bubba off with a friend, took Silly to preschool and asked a friend if he could sit in their car until it was time to go in so I could hurry on over to Cakes's school to help out. Helpful friends are awesome!

I was put in charge of the potato sack races. It was pretty fun, and only one class was difficult. I did get a little sunburn on my neck and now have a serious sandal tan.






Waiting her turn


Climbing in


Hopping back


Three legged race, although, I never saw anyone race. They just tied the kids' legs together and then walked around a bit. That was lame.


Cakes with her class
 That's pretty much it for fun stuff planned by other people. I'll have to plan my own fun from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment