Saturday, May 28, 2011

What I woke up to

You know you're up too early (especially on a Saturday) when you've already been up for hours, yet you're still saying to yourself, "Oh, wait, I can't call her yet, it's too early." And I know by the time it isn't too early for phone calls, I will forget all about it.

The boys crawled in bed with me not too much past 6:00, Scott had already left for work. I kicked them out when they got too crazy. Then Cakes told me not to come out because she was making me a surprise, so I stayed in bed for a few more minutes. She brought me scrambled eggs and butter-bread (she didn't know how to use the toaster oven).

I finally went out to the kitchen to see this mess I'd left for myself last night - a whole days worth of dishes, which included dinner for the missionaries. Some little helpful Henry had already started the dishwasher, which was mostly empty.

This is not a very unusual sight at my house, for those of you who've never seen it messy. This is why I frequently wake up hoping my realtor won't call saying someone wants to see the house in a few hours. Yikes!

And this is pretty constant -


One of those same helpful Henries (what's the plural of Henry?) is always pushing a chair over to something, usually something he's not supposed to have. But hey, I did straighten up my pantry this week. It was getting a little crazy in there. I noticed in all our house hunting that I have way more stuff in my pantry than other people.
The kids brought all the laundry to the laundry room, so now I'm tackling this:

It is now barely past 9am and the dishwasher is running again, fully loaded this time. Load 1 is in the dryer, load 2 in the washing machine.

After taking these pictures I looked to see what else was on my memory card. I confiscated my camera from the boys at some point yesterday. After deleting at least 50 pictures of my computer screen (Silly was multitasking, playing computer games and taking pictures) many of them with little pink fingers over the lens, I did come a cross a few decent pictures of Bubba.


Just an average morning around here.

1 comment:

  1. I love blog posts about real life. Kids playing with mom's camera, dishes in the sink, laundry that never ends. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete