Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ghosts and Pepperoni

One night last week Silly was looking for me in the dark house. Here's our conversation after found me:
S: I thought you were a ghost.
M: There are no ghosts in this house.
S: There's the Holy Ghost.

Last night's conversation with him about pizza:
S: Why do they call is pepperoni?
M: I'm not sure, that's a good question.
S: I know, because they put pepper in it (pause to think) and then they put roni in it.

Makes sense to me! This morning he wanted to know what cement trucks do when there is no more cement in the drum. I told him I've never seen how a cement truck is filled, only how it's emptied. I can probably find a video online. Goodness knows we've already checked out every single truck book in the library.

Bubbs is learning more words. He was thrilled last night to discover the doors on Silly's little red VW bug actually open. He kept showing me, saying "ook" aka "look." He also says stinky and uck for yuck. He was really excited when I showed him the sign for milk, he uses both hands and now uses it pretty much anytime he wants something in his mouth. I've been trying to get him to sign water for a long time, but no luck so far, just "all done" and "more."

All this week I've been watching 3 other kids which basically gives me three sets of twins. The baby/toddlers have been quite funny together. They don't mind sharing with their siblings, but they sure don't want to share with each other! Yesterday I gave each of them a snack cup and they sat together on the floor happy as can be. This morning baby#2 came with a leaky bottle so I gave him one of Bubba's sippy cups which brought out some screeching from Bubbs. He recovered quickly though.

Cakes is about to lose another tooth. It was already loose, but Scott took them to Motorworld (or something like that) Tuesday and somehow she managed to catch her tooth on some netting in a bounce house and nearly yanked her tooth out. Just when the giant hole in her mouth was starting to fill in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment